In a way of doing things in an exceptionally best way, we plan to held the annual conference of the EPA in a manner reflecting the multi-sectoral nature of the pharmaceutical profession, the importance of all stakeholders, collaborators, as well as sharing our vision to the EPA, the health sector and the nation building effort.
EPA is on progress to construct its own multi purpose building. One of the vital wings of the building will be allotted for drug information center (DIC). The drug information center is the advanced level of the currently offered service with borrowing books to members. As part of the expansion, books and other materials for the DIC are being collected on donation or purchasing.
The Ethiopian Pharmaceutical Association (EPA), established in 1974 G.C., is a national professional association of pharmacists, representing the pharmacy profession in the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE), united for the common good to advance public health, patient care and the interests of the pharmacy profession.
The Ethiopian Pharmaceutical Association (EPA) prepares this strategic plan to ensure the association meets the objectives of its existence and serves the needs of its members.
Few dedicated, enthusiastic and visionary pharmacists in 1970 G.C initiated the idea of establishing a pharmaceutical association. Consequently pharmacy students of the former Haileselasse 1st University established ‘Students Pharmaceutical Association’ same year.
According to the EPA’s constitution ratified in 1999 E.C., the association has the following basic objectives:
- To promote pharmacy profession and contribute to the improvement of health services in the country;
- To safeguard the honor and ethics of the profession and to foster professional and social relationship among pharmacy professionals;
- Take necessary measures in order to safeguard professional rights of its members;
- To find ways of improving the training and utilization of pharmacy professionals by establishing close relationship with pharmacy training institutions and executing organizations;
- To facilitate enrichment of the profession by establishing relationship with sister professional associations and organizations within the country and abroad; and
- To actively participate in the evaluation, registration and licensing of pharmacy professionals by collaborating with the relevant governmental authorities and training institutions.